Monday, October 30, 2017

Its been a solid week like always, especially because we had a BAPTISM!!!! Sister Jessica was baptized on Saturday and it was a super spiritual baptism.  She was super ready, so I was able to baptize her.  Then she came to church on Sunday and received the Holy Ghost. We are now trying to work with her and her husband to gain a big desire to go to the temple in a year, it really is the goal of the branch, but I feel like now I can see more of the big picture in missionary work, I feel like before I was just trying to help everyone to be baptized. But now I know that they need that enduring Faith in Jesus Christ, they need to Repent, and one thing that President Johnson is really stressing with us is that they need to be having personal revelatory experiences in their studies of the Book of Mormon, they need to be converted to that, to understand why it is important, and be reading everyday.  Just like all of us need to be doing, its crazy how big of a difference you can see in an investigator, when they are truly reading the Book of Momon.  I have truly come to love the Book of Mormon here on the mission.  I look forward to Personal Study every day, and its never long enough.  So thats my challenge to everyone, make this hour or 30 minutes or 15 minutes, the very best minutes of your day, study and answer your questions and doubts, and you will see a change in you.  Thats really what this life is about, Change, changing to follow Jesus Christ, to become more like him, through living the gospel and serving everyone around us. Ok so i just realized I just went on a big rant about the Book of Mormon, lets just say I know that book is true and there is converting power from reading and praying about it.

We had exchanges in Kalikid this week, and I was able to work with my ka-bahay Elder Galia, we were seriously laughing the whole time, telling stories about when we were ka-bahay, he is such a funny Elder, but its crazy to see how much we have both changed in over 6 months. 

Other than that we are really having some success in finding and having progressing investigators in our area, we found 6 this week, and 9 the week before.  President Johnson has really been teaching us how to do this affectively and its working, our whole zone really is finding a TON of investigators these past couple of weeks, and I know that the success is coming to the Bongaler Zone.  
Thanks for all the emails and prayers!!!
Love ya'll!!!

Elder Alldredge

Jessica Pascua - New member!


Great support for Jessica!



We had a little Halloween Party and 2 investigators came!



No comments:

Post a Comment