Monday, November 6, 2017

Halloween in the Philippines... It is not even close to the American way of things, but its still crazy and there is a TON of people every where, especially near the cemetery.  That is Halloween for them more like a Family Reunion/Memorial Day at the cemetery.  So we weren't able to go out on Halloween night to trick or treat:( jokelang!! But we were able to teach lots of people this week which was awesome!! 

This week might have been one of the very busiest weeks of my entire mission!!  We literally had places to go every day of the week!! On Tuesday morning we left early and went to Tarlac where we had a meeting with President Johnson and the AP's about our zone.  It was super helpful and we are super stoked to get the Zone pumped up and working smart while hard.  Also President Johnson gave us some chocolate and we all ate and told stories with President, it was a good Halloween day:)  

Then after that meeting I got to go on exchanges with the AP's in our mission.  But it was super special and so fun for me and my companion because he was my companion in the MTC!!!! Me and Elder Zacchilli worked hard but it was so fun to tell stories and to really see the improvement in both of us, in confidence, in Tagalog, and basically everything.  The last time we worked together was in that area back in our training for about two hours, so lets just say lots has changed since then:) I learned a TON from him, and it was probably the funnest exchange of my mission!!! its not every day you get to work with your MTC companion!!!

I also went on exchanges with a district leader in our zone and it was so fun! and in that one day we had 7 New Investigators!! Also I saw the only other area with a beach!! But i got no pictures....:(i still haven't been able to get a camera, but i will get one this week, don't worry:)
So it was a crazy fast week again, because we were all over the place, from Dingalan at the dagat to Tarlac with President Johnson.

Also on Sunday President Johnson came to church here in Palayan Branch. Then afterwards he interviewed our zone, it was such a solid interview and I learned mostly about improving, the key is to always be evaluating myself, my work, my obedience, and then identify specific places where I am struggling and make goals and plans to improve in that specific area. And this can literally apply to every aspect of our lives!! I really think if everyone did this we would be able to live up to our potential a lot better, to improve all the time, regularly to really see the changes.  But also if we only do that we will fail, the most important thing in improvement is faith in Jesus Christ, because without him we will never come to our potential, without him we won't even get close!! But with him and only through him, trusting in his plan for me and giving our will to every thing that he knows is best for us, that is how we can all improve, and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.
Love ya'll!! 
Thanks for all the emails and prayers!!
Elder Alldredge

 
P-Day with Elder Sauro and the District Leader for splits









No comments:

Post a Comment