Monday, October 9, 2017

It is so hard to beat a week where you get to hear all the apostles speak, and lets just say I LOVED it so much!! This really is a "missionaries birthday or christmas" its such an amazing experience every time!!!  I will never ever take General Conference for granted again, there is WAY too much to learn!! I know know know that questions are answered, that prayers are answered, and inspiration is given to everyone who wants it, seeks for it, and is worthy of it.  I seriously learned so much and I could go on and on about the things I learned but if i were to sum up what i learned in maybe a sentence i would say, that people aren't perfect, not even the apostles, not even the prophet, but through steady living of the gospel, letting our light shine to others and looking for and finding the light in others as well, we can be happy, we can have true joy, and i love that truth!!  

There was also a ton of quotes and other things, but the one quote that stuck out to me a ton, and probably a lot of people was "Love without Service, is like Faith without Works"  That is something I feel like I need to work on and it opened my eyes, I always teach about faith without works is dead so we need to act, and that added part just added to my testimony and knowledge of service.  Also in Bonnie L Oscarson's talk I love this, and I believe everything she said with all my heart, the first question should be who can I help or lift up in this meeting, or wherever we are, if we are looking with eyes as Christ would, we would find that ONE who really needs a friend, or really needs a compliment, or even just someone to pay attention to them, such a solid talk too!! 

We worked hard this week and are really trying to improve our area, we only had 1 investigator come to General Conference because it was in another city, but we are super excited for all of our investigators!  Here in Palayan the members are super nice and we are now trying to work with them as much as possible to really get it going here... I still havent figured out this whole leader thing, but my companion is awesome and super patient with me to learn.  
Just so you know, ya'll are the best!!
i love reading all your emails, and i leave emails pumped every time:)
Thanks for the prayers!!
Love ya'll!!!
Elder Alldredge


No comments:

Post a Comment