Monday, October 16, 2017

We had a miracle this week with one of our investigators. She was an OYM because we were asking her about her next door neighbor who we were planning on teaching. So we asked if we could share with her and we set up an appointment. We came back and shared to her 2 times, the lessons were solid but nothing super special, we felt she had potential, but we knew there needed to be something more. She told us about a really good friend she had that is active, so the next lesson we brought her with us and it really changed the whole picture, she seemed to listen better, and she was more into the lesson. She accepted the BGD and then her friend said she would come pick her up on Sunday, which she did and Vanessa went to church. She had a really good time, and it was so much better to have her friend showing her around instead of the missionaries. I now have a way better understanding for why lesson staffing is important. It increased my knowledge and we will continue to strive to use that with ALL our investigators. 

We also had exchanges with my old district leader in Baler who I am now his ZL haha its so weird, but anyways it was super fun!!! So they drove like 3 hours to do this and it was just downpouring but they said we didn't come all this way to not work, so we went out:) Within about 15 seconds... maybe... we were drenched but we kept going of course it was super fun, we taught lots of lessons in the beautiful Philippines rain:)

So we just got back from Tarlac thats why we are so late to email, because my companion took the English test.  So I'm sorry for another short email... I'm getting worse and I am so sorry mom:):):):):):):):)
But I read an article that will change the rest of my mission... it is the one Breanna sent me last week, I read it twice this morning on the bus, it is called the "miracle of a mission" by Jefferey R. Holland and its amazing!!! I know that this time is a time for missionaries to give it all, and thats what I am trying to do, and will keep working at doing better at that, because this time isn't even mine, and its only two years, but it is two years that I will think about and tell stories of for eternities.  I love my mission.  I love the Philippines, and the Filipinos, its the best place ever to go on a mission:) It really is more fun in the Philippines:)  I would recommend it to anyone...
Thanks for all the emails and prayers!!!
LOVE YA'LL!!!

Elder Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment