Monday, November 13, 2017

This week was so unexpected but so exciting and fun, and I learned a TON this week!!! It was super unexpected because after having been told by President Johnson that Elder Sauro wouldn't transfer until December, HE GOT TRANSFERRED!!! We were so surprised, but also excited for the new opportunities, and i know that it is totally inspired because my new companion is so cool!! He is Elder Guia from Cebu and he is 3 months older than me in the mission.  And let me tell you he has so much advice and he is such a good teacher and spiritual person! One of the first things he asked me was "ifthe Spirit was guiding me everyday."  I know I am guided by the Spirit but it really helps me to ask myself this question, now we ask this everyday, after every lesson, and i can tell you that evaluating really works to improve.  Like i said last week in my email about my interview with President Johnson, this can help in any thing we are trying to improve at.  So ya I'm thankful for my new companion:)

On Saturday we experienced MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK to probably the fullest i have seen in my entire mission!! We had some 2 youth/ysa work with us and they totally helped out the work in Palayan for about the 2 hours they were with us.  FIrst we visited 2 referrals from them and taught them as new investigators.  Then we went to their referrals from 2 weeks ago and taught them about the importance of the Book of Mormon.  Then we visited a Part Member family and they fellowshipped the sister that is 16 years old.  After that they saw a sister that they had seen the day before and we talked to her and they really helped us gain a trust with this investigator. After that they wanted to work more so they came with us to help one of our other investigators feel more welcome at church.It was amazing to see their spirit of missionary work!!!!  Then on Sunday they picked up 3 investigators and brought them to church with them.  We are thankful for ALL members that help and let me tell you,.... Member Missionary Work is the only way to fully do this work, i know that is the Lord's way, because that is the only right way after all, His way...

A nanay bore her testimony on Sunday and it really strenthened my testimony.  She talked about the power of Priesthood Blessings.  She is maybe 80 years old, and sometimes she has health troubles, but especially lately, the past month have been really hard for her to keep moving and going.  Earlier in October we got a call that she needed a blessing so we went and blessed her.  She then came to church that sunday telling us about how she felt great the next morning and was able to walk just fine.  Then about 2 weeks later we get another call that her knees have stiffened up again and she can't walk at all, so we went the next morning and gave her a blessing, that she would be able to come to church on Sunday.  And that is EXACTLY what happened!!!! She testified that the power of God is true and was evident in the effect of those blessings.  Not because of us but because of the Priesthood power that is real!  Such a MIRACLE!!!! 
another miracle i typed and forgot to send with it:)

So sorry for such a short email, we are super short on time, but just know that I love you all, and I know without a doubt that this is the Lord's work, and I am happy to say that I am happy to do this work.
Thanks for all the emails!!!
Love, Elder Alldredge


District or Zone Meeting?  He is still using pictures from Elder Sauro, so we do not get explanations.  Buy a camera already!!


Great pictures with families in the area.  Elder Sauro got transferred so I am sure he was saying goodbye to all of them.












No comments:

Post a Comment