Monday, November 27, 2017

Here in the mission so many things happen that I had no idea before I got here.  There are meetings, every week, and a lot of them sometimes, something I didn’t even think of before.  It’s crazy that I am really used to all the weird things now that happen in the Philippines from drunk people always trying to talk to me in English to fitting 3 of us American missionaries in a trike that might be like a 3 by 3 foot side car, ya it’s that smallJ One of my struggles now is realizing again how weird/SO COOL/different things really are here in my area, and here in the Philippines.  But I truly love it here, and I am figuring out every day how to love it more, by being more exactly obedient and working even harder, its still a work in progress, and I know that’s not ever gonna stop, but one thing I know now better than ever is that God sees the desires of our heart, and if we follow His Will the  best we can, or in other words obey what he says with full effort, we will be happy, and I am experiencing that every day, and that is a Miracle in my life.

We had MLC with President Johnson this week and it was another AMAZING meeting!!  It always is just so inspiring and pushes me to do better!!  We also had a member missionary work meeting in our District for all the auxiliaries and Branch Presidencies and me and Elder Guia.  President Johnson taught all about how we can unite and become one with members, it was SO COOL!!!  There really is no other better way, only through the members.  What would happen if everyone in all of our wards started praying for those missionary opportunities? I think there is more that all of us can do, me included to help out missionaries, or help members to fulfill our responsibilities to spread the gospel…

We also found a Former Investigator and his name is Jerwin.  The member pointed us to his house and he is 15 years old, even though he seems like he is 18.  But the first thing he said to me was Elder pasensya hindi pa ako nagsimba.  Or that he has not yet gone to church, and he was super sorry about it, and will on SundayJ  then as we shared to him, we felt that he really has a desire and we are excited to help him to come to church, and gain his own testimony, there are blessings and miracles every day!!! I testifyJJ

Then we had a good Thanksgiving Feast at the Santos family, with mashed potatoes, a chicken, and spaghetti, it was a good time, and I was full, the must on ThanksgivingJ We also shared to that family and went around and all talked about what we are thankful for, so cool, so spiritual!!!  
We had a Feast of food/words of Christ/and miracles this week, good stuff!!!
Hope Ya'll had a Happy Thanksgiving!!! And Christmas is next!!! WHAT?!?!?

LOVE, Elder Alldredge
"The Batch" - Their term for Missionaries that came into the mission together.  They are together here for a Mission Leadership Council.



No comments:

Post a Comment