Tuesday, July 25, 2017

This week we had a BAPTISM!!! Sister Janice Mirontos was baptized and it was a great day!! She was super happy and we were all just excited for her and her family.  The baptism was super interesting because of the Filipino culture here, sometimes you just gotta laugh and realize that hey… I’m in the Philippines, so it’s funnyJ  Her kids all came to the baptism, so hopefully her oldest son will gain that desire as well, we are teaching him too when he is there, so hopefully we can help him realize how important this is for his life.  Also Nanay Verginia was able to come and see the baptism, because she is the aunt of Sister Janice.  She loved the whole thing and is super excited for her baptism in 3 weeks! She was not able to come to church yesterday because she was hurting bad Sunday morning so next week na lang, but it’s all good she is excited!  So that is the biggest and most exciting thing that happened by far this week here in Maria, but it’s been a pretty good week, and it just FLEW by so fast! Sometimes idk how it happens so fast but here I am emailing once againJ

So this week I have strengthened my love for Personal study!  I cherish that hour, and now I do my best to be ready by 7:50 so that I can have a longer personal study, it’s amazing that even the “dreaded Isaiah chapters” can somehow come alive if you really study hard, and use everything that we have to understand everything that is there!  Also I realized the importance of preparing for questions and stuff like that for investigators.  Even though I am preparing for investigators better than ever before in my personal study, I am getting more out of it as well! It’s super weird how that works, but it’s awesomeJ

Ok so this week was not super interesting, and other than the fact that this morning we went on a District Activity to a WHITE SAND BEACHJ Yes we played volleyball on the white sand, we also played football, and drank coconut drinks, and chilled in the bamboo hut next to the beach… life is awesome!! And seriously nature is so beautiful!!! I LOVE IT!!! Don’t worry I’ll send you some pictures ;)
Thanks for all the pictures and emails!!
LOVE YA’LL!!! 
Hope you had a great week!!

Elder Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment