Monday, July 10, 2017

This week was a stellar week highlighted with Zone Conference, President Johnson, and church on Sunday.  So Zone Conference is always such a fun time!  All of us in the Baler Zone went down in a members car, so that was niceJ Then we stayed the night at some Elder’s house in Cabanatuan, and went to Zone Conference the next morning.  So we got there and they started with handshakes with the new mission president.  So usually I go play the piano and after about 2-3 songs everyone is done shaking hands with President, but not with President Johnson, hahahaa I seriously played over 10 hymns before he finishedJ He is hilarious and was making all the missionaries laugh and it was so different!!  But anyways I am super excited about President Johnson!! He is from Seattle area, he served a mission in Manila, Philippines, he is 66 years old, but he has the energy of a person a lot younger;) It’s awesome!!!

On Sunday me and my companion experienced a HUGE Miracle!!! It was at church, and my companion had finished his talk, and I stood up to talk, and my talk was going ok, and then after about 2-3 minutes we had 3 investigators walk in the door!! I couldn't help but just smile so big, because I LOVE THAT FEELING!!! It is seriously just pure joy when an investigator decides to come to church, and when they enter in the door, oh I think that might be my very favorite part of missionary work!! After they walked in i don't know what it was but i just kind of felt empowered, like the spirit was there so strong, just drilling me right in the chest, I really didn't follow my plan for my talk very much after that, it was totally all the spirit, and i think that is my first talk in sacrament meeting that that has happened to me... It was an amazing experience!! So the investigators that came to church were Sister Janice who will have her baptismal interview on Saturday, and also her Aunt, Nanay Verginia who is paralyzed on her arm and recovering from a stroke last year. Let me tell you I have seen the physical progress in the 2ish months we have been teaching Nanay Verginia, and now on Sunday she was able to come to church!!! She was even able to climb up the stairs to get to our church, MIRACLE... So now we will continue doing everything that we can to get them ready for their baptisms! They told us yesterday in the lesson that they will keep doing everything to be ready, they are Excited, and so are we!!!

So those are the biggest things that happened this week, and ya I’m just excited right nowJ A couple investigators are progressing, and we are working hard to help this branch out!
One thing that I learned from President Johnson that I thought was super cool!  He taught a way for personal study, in the Book of Mormon a pattern that I really like.
 1.Prayer
 2.Read
3.Write/Ponder
4.Pray
5.Reread
TRY IT!!! It is a super good way to do personal study, and I have really had some solid spiritual experiences from doing it!  But I’m gonna keep doing it cuz I’m not that good at it yet, but ya I like it so far!!
Oh and we played football on the beach last p-dayJ too bad only 2 of us actually knew the rules;) hahaha but they learned pretty quick and it was a blast!!!
Thanks for all the emails, and the prayers!!!
LOVE YA'LL!!!!

Elder Alldredge

 Those pics of us was on the way back from Zone conferrence. haha yes thats elder robinson;) he is hilarious..
 that kid is my favorite kid here in maria!


a view from the door where i personal study on pdays:)

No comments:

Post a Comment