Tuesday, January 3, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
2017!! What in the world happened to 2016?!?  Wala Talaga!! 
So first off Christmas Eve was so much FUN!!  We had our Christmas Conference in Tarlac and I got to see all of my mission buddies and Tarlac Zone, lahat!  It was seriously such a fun time to just chill, play games, and talk to some amazing friends.  So we had an awesome workshop from President Clark and the AP's then we ate lunch... Lunch at Conferences are the best thing ever!  It reminds me of the MTC when we could eat as much as we wanted of the delicious rice, ulam, and gulay.  It beats cooking pancit canton every meal of every day:) jokelang!! hahah mom jokes i promise, I do not eat pancit noodles every meal, huwag malala!!

So after lunch we played a bunch of games and even watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas!! Mostly we ate a whole lot of treats and food, my companion is getting fat;);)  Its the funniest thing ever!! He took a picture of himself with his big belly last night... he is proud of it, so funny!!  
Christmas was also a big partay!! We had only one hour of church, then after church we literally had so many families coming and asking us to come eat at their house, and for FHE monday night!!  IT WAS AWESOME!!! We even had to turn down a couple offers for food, which was sad;) But it was cuz we had so many offers, the members here are so nice!!  So anyways my first non-white Christmas was a SUCCESS!!!

Oh and Skyping was SO FUN!!! I think I'll try it again... maybe 3 more times?!?
Our investigators are kind of struggling right now as we only had 1 at church yesterday, but its because they were all really busy and gone because of Christmas and New Years so this next week will be better!

I went on exchanges with Elder Sam!  He is my District leader, and he is an American so it was super fun to be with him for a day!!  Its always a good break to talk to an American, for some reason its just easier, idk why, but anyways we had a good time:)  

So for the past 3 days we have had lock downs before dark.  Meaning we have to be in our house before dark.  Because New Years Eve is really big and a little dangerous here:)  So on New Years Eve i went to bed early, like 9:30ish maybe, then I woke up just before 12:00 to the sound of a ton of Bombs, Firecrackers, and Fireworks.  They are pretty fireworks like back home, its basically just whoever can make a louder sound, that's the best fireworks here... only in the Philippines:)  So I experienced 2017 way before any of you!!! mwahaha:):)  

Well anyways if there is one thing I have learned in these past 2 weeks, it is that I am blessed so much!!!!!  I was able to see families that literally had no presents to open, because they can't even get a meal on the table 3 times a day!!  It is really so humbling to see...  But the best part and most rewarding part was when we saw their expressions when we brought them meals that we bought for 5 different families, it was the coolest experience ever!!  Especially the little kids, how their eyes lit up when they saw the candy bars and chocolate, it really made me so grateful for everything i have!!  It really is insane how much we are blessed to live in Utah, and America, I'm not sure what we did to receive such an amazing gift for this life, but let me tell you, I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR IT!!!
So I love it here!! I love smiling and making peoples day as they drive past on a tricycle, I love teaching and I wish we had more opportunities to do it, because it really is FUN!!!  
So keep smiling, help people out, it will make you happy!!
Have a fantastic week!!! 

LOVE, Elder Alldredge

Elder Alldredge and Elder Canoy at the Christmas Conference!

Some of Kyle's favorites from the Tarlac Zone

Putting together meals

Yo! Prepping to hand out meals

Inside the Bishop's house, nicest home in Vargas, it's not close, like at all...

Yes, that is a goat :)

Caribou

Selfie with a Caribou,,,,he forgot to look!!

Kyle shared his beef jerky with Bro Barcelona, he's awesome!! He said he hadn't eaten beef jerky since his companion on his mission from America shared with him, so I had to give him some :)   (Not sure about the gun and whether that had anything to do with Kyle sharing his jerky :-))




No comments:

Post a Comment