Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Kumusta po kayo?!?
This week has been very fun, frustrating, long, but so short and I really hope I have learned a lot!  The language is coming along pretty well!  We taught a lesson today that was the very best lesson I've taught yet!  We had absolutely no notes, no help on Tagalog just the Spirit and our brains!  Mostly the Spirit:)  And boy did it work!!  She had a ton of questions for us and we had answers and a lot of questions for her.  It was totally all spirit led!  We testified of Christ more than before because last night one of the Philippines Area Presidency came and he really stressed testifying about Christ.  So we tried it!  Then at the end I asked her to be baptized in Tagalog and she accepted!  I know this is just practice but I can really feel it helping me in my teaching skills and my ability to use the spirit to become a better teacher!  The whole entire lesson I was just beaming and I couldn't stop!  These Happy streaks happen to me a couple times a day lately and they are the best!!  But through my smile and really caring and wondering what the investigator needs I was able to testify with more power, and full of the spirit.  I love smiling, and I do it as much as possible, it also helps that my district and companion is super funny!  Smiling is the best you should try it...  ALL THE TIME!!! :)

One of our gym times this past week was spent playing sports in the Filipino rain!!!  We played badminton, basketball, and volleyball all in the down pouring rain.  Funnest thing ever!!!  Elder Z is very good at basically everything so we get pretty pumped up and have some crazy good rallies, it is seriously so much fun!  We even made it into a workout, by if you lose a point you have to do 2 push ups, or 4 sit ups or 4 squats, all on the soaking wet ground and let me tell you those added up for him very quickly;) ;)  Jokelang:)  It was pretty even but we both got a good workout in as well.  We then played volleyball with the sisters and basically every other hit nailed someone in the face, or someone fell down or something hilarious!  It was the best, laughing is the best!  We do it a lot in our district! 
So last week we were humbled by a Filipino ping pong player who uses the Chinese grip.  So we decided that we were going to master the Ancient Chinese ping pong ways!  So for the past week we have been playing only Chinese style play!  And we are getting so good!  One time Elder Z popped up the ball pretty high and I swung super hard to slam it!  And because I was using the Chinese grip and I don't have too good of aim yet, I nailed Elder Z right in  the face!!! Right in between the eyes!  Right after I hit the ball I hear a THUD coming from his nose, and then he went down laughing his head off!  We were both dying laughing on the ground, so hilarious!!  

A new batch of missionaries came on Friday and they are starting to open up and be funny and have fun with us!!  The Filipino missionaries really enjoy talking to us "white elders" and they say Elder Guapo to us every time!  Maybe because we are literally THE ONLY white elders in the entire MTC!!!  Oh its the best tho!  I love the Filipino, the Islanders, and the Australians, they are all so much fun!!   
On Friday we were called into President's office and he told us that we had a new kasama(companion)!!  His name is Elder Puefua and he is from Payson Utah!! He is Samoan and he was pretty hilarious!  He had been in the Provo MTC for 7 weeks then finally his visa let him come!   But he really helped us out a lot!  He showed us the real way to do companionship inventory and gave us some sweet tips for teaching, so it really was a blessing for us that we got him for 3 days before he left to Loaog.   

Also funny story, so last week on Wednesday night at about 10:45ish the Emergency Fire Alarm went off!!!  Elder Z and I didn't even wake up!  We would have died if some other Elders wouldn't have rushed into our room and got us.  They rushed in yelling, "WE GOTTA GO!!"  So we jumped out of bed and run outside into the misty rain in our PJ's!!  It ended up being a false alarm and they still have no idea about what happened or who happened but it was actually really funny!!    Also later that night our whole building shook because of the insanely crazy lightning and thunder!  For about 10 seconds our building was just shaking!  The lightning and thunder is so cool here, I love watching it!  

Well I love the MTC!! I'm so grateful for the chance to be able to come to the Philippines MTC, because it really is the best!!  
I love my district!  My companion and I get along so good, and we have so much fun!!
Oh and tomorrow I get to go Proselyting!!!  I am so excited!  I finally get to see the REAL Philippines:)
Tagalog Testimony:
Alam ko po na and ebanghelyo ni JesuCristo ay totoo!  Alam ko po na sa pamamagitan ng kapangiryhan ng Diyos na panumbalik po si Joseph Smith and totoo simbahan sa mundo.  Alsm ko po na sa pamamagitan ni JesuCristo, maglilinis po tayo.  Alam ko po na Nagbayad-sala ni JesuCristo para sa atin kasalanan.  Alam ko po na nagmamahal ako ng Diyos at siya nagmamahal!!  Nagmamahal po ako it ebanghelyo, at nagpapasalamat ko po si JesuCristo!! 
This gospel is amazing, and it can and will change lives!  I am here to change to become like our Savior Jesus Christ and to hopefully make a difference in others lives by helping them to do the same!!!  I love the scriptures and I know they are true!  Reading them will strengthen any testimony, I am a witness of that!!
Thanks for all of the support and the love!
I LOVE IT HERE!!! And I love this gospel! 
Have a great week!  Thanks for all of the emails!

LOVE, Elder Alldredge
Temple grounds
Elder Puefua from Payson

Temple grounds

Manila at from the Temple

Kyle at the Temple


The District

No comments:

Post a Comment