Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Maligayang Pasko Pamilya at Kaibigan!!!
Or for you english speaking folks... Merry Christmas Family and Friends!!:)
Here in the amazing country of the Philippines, Christmas starts on September 1st.  Or at least the playing of Christmas music and putting up trees and things.  After we got back from Proselyting we saw the Christmas tree put up in the front room of the MTC.  We were basically freaking out because that just plain awesome!!!  Every night when me and Elder Zacchilli turn off the lights of the MTC, we sit on the couch and stare at the Christmas tree for a minute or two... Its the best thing ever!!!!!!
Also this week I memorized the First Vision in Tagalog:)

So the big thing for this week was PROSELYTING!!!!!
It was the best day of my mission so far!  It was so fun just to get out of the MTC bubble and actually see the Philippines in action.  We went to the Quezon City mission.  I was assigned with Elder Pedrosa, who is a Filipino who has about one month left on his mission.  He knew so much and I learned a ton from him!  One of the main things he taught me is to relate everything back to our purpose as a missionary.  And whenever I blank in thought about Tagalog or something, to just testify of Christ and how all should COME UNTO CHRIST!!! 

Ok so the first person I taught was Nebres Marcillino who is probably around 45ish years old and he is a Jeepnee Driver.  So what better place to teach him a lesson than in the back of a Jeepnee?!?  So that's what we did!  it was actually a perfect spot for a lesson and i just loved the feel of teaching a real investigator!! We prayed and then I taught him the Restoration lesson, and even recited James 1:5 in Tagalog when talking about Joseph Smith.  I testified of Joseph Smith and of the Ang Aklat ni Mormon, and the Spirit was there, I could feel it!!  I felt a lot of love for this man and I was praying in my heart the whole time to help him feel the Spirit.  I committed him to read the pamphlet and to pray about it.  After Elder Pedrosa filled in the things that I missed, But the lesson was so good and made me so happy!! This was all in the back of a sweet lookin Jeepnee:)

After that lesson we went tracting to some homes.  But I had no clue what was a home and what wasn't.  It was seriously so humbling to see the circumstances that people live in everyday of their lives.  We truly have so much!  I have tried and will continue to try not to complain because they never do and they have so little.  So we knocked on a bunch of gates and said a lot of Tao Po's?!?  But basically no one let us in.  The Filipino culture doesn't want anyone to feel bad so they just say, "Come back again later and we will listen!"  Or "we are busy right now, sorry!"  But they don't really want to listen they are just to polite to say it straight up.  I introduced us so many times as missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  I really feel so special to be able to say those words!!  I am His Representative, so I have tried my very best to smile and keep a good attitude just like he would.  
I knocked on one door and it turned out to be a members house.  She was so friendly and made us come into her house.  She sat us down and fed us a very good meal.  It was fried rice, chicken, and coke.  She has been a member for 6 years and she testified of the blessings of the gospel even tho her house was tiny and she had so little.  What a sacrifice she makes by sharing of the little food she has to the missionaries.  She said she pledged to feed all missionaries whenever they come by her house.  I know that I can make an impact like that to someone if I work hard and continue to try to become the best missionary I can possibly be.  
After we left we walked until I saw this old bald man chillin on some stairs.  So I told my kasama, we need to teach this man.  I introduced us and asked if we could share a message about Christ.  He said YES!!  So we prayed and I taught the Restoration of the Gospel again, much more smoothly than the first time.  And even tho this guy was like 60 and bald and had no teeth, he was seriously my favorite little man!  He was ready to learn, and he wanted to know.  I really believe that he felt the Spirit and that he will continue being taught and will one day be baptized!!
I also talked to these 2 little kids and they were hilarious!  They were way up in a tree picking fruits and I stopped and asked how they were doing.  They were shocked to see a white person first of all, and second to speak Tagalog to them! These kids here are just adorable and so fun to talk to!!  They are going to be my best friends in the field I just know it!!  
The people here are so cool!  Proselyting was amazing, I am so humbled and so excited to get out in the field!!  All the Filipinos stare because I am white, its so funny:)  My kasama said that it is so very rare to see a white person where we were so they will get excited to see me.  And to hear me talking Tagalog to them will surprise them a whole lot!

But I know that I can make a difference here in the Philippines!!  I know that through the power of the Spirit and the amazing message we are sharing I can change lives forever!  I need to improve in so many ways, but through my Savior Jesus Christ I CAN!!!  I love these people and I love being a representative of Jesus Christ!  
We get to go Proselyting again tomorrow and I am so pumped!!
Missionary work is the greatest work that there is!
I know that this church is true, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to get to share this message! 
Thanks for the emails and the prayers!!

LOVE, Elder Alldredge
Temple pics!




Elder Pedrosa from the Quezon City Mission

A taste of the Philippines

Life saving stickers!  They keep the bugs away!

On the way to proselyting!

Goofy hall picture

Merry Christmas!


The District




No comments:

Post a Comment