Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Magandang Hapon Lahat!!!!
Ok where to start about this week...  This week has been long days but a very short week, it has been very tiring and very fulfilling, also very fun but very boring at times. So I'll just say Sorry now cuz I am all over the place today:)
First off, my language is improving everyday!!!  I am basically fluent now!  Its the best thing every!  Jokelang Jokelang!! I can speak missionary a whole lot, but just talking is a different story.  We have a basic core that we are supposed to memorize that is about 250 words and I have around 150 of them memorized.  I also have memorized 1st Nephi 3:7 all in Tagalog!  Now that is such a long verse in Tagalog, it took about 4 days of hard core trying to memorize but we got it now:)  

Ok the Food!!  The food is MAS MASARAP!!!  In other words delicious:)  Our food is basically all rice with some ulam or meat every meal and vegetables to go with it.  Some of the crazier things I have eaten is a whole fish head;)  Thats totoo!!!  I really did!  I ripped it straight off of the body!  The meat is actually super good!  We have also had to name a few rolls filled with meat, chicken adobo, the milk which is pretty nasty here!  One night we had a burger night with burgers and french fries, and let me tell you, they did a very good job at making them!!  Nevermind the mayo stuffed in the meat or the really weird french fries.  But it was pretty good!

Sister Pongyan is our main teacher and she is so much fun!  Sometimes she struggles controlling our laughter and jokes:)  But most of the time she can teach us very well and we learn a lot!  So we taught Emil, our investigator until last Thursday night, and it was going very well!  Then on Friday he walks into our District room in a white shirt and tie with a teachers badge!!!  WHAT?!?  We were so mad, but it was also super funny!  So now Sister Pongyan is our umaga guro and Bro Emil(or now Bro. Cabrullio) is our hapon guro.  Oh haha guro is teacher, my bad;)  

So it rains every day all day here in the Philippines!!! Sometimes we get some sun for a couple of hours then it goes back to raining.  A lot of it is more like a mist its so nice!  But then when it decides to dump buckets it literally dumps buckets and buckets of water!! Sheets just come down and you can hear it everywhere inside the building.  But I LOVE IT!!!
It is so cool to see the streams of water, its great!  So there is a tunnel under the street to go over to the temple, and it flooded like a lot!!!  So ya the rain is fun here!

This week me and Elder Zacchilli had the opportunity to each give a blessing.  Both blessings were to Sisters in our district.  He gave one to Sister Makihele and I gave a blessing to Sister Tukia.  Sister Tukia was not feeling well at all, and she looked not good.  So she asked for a blessing and of course we told her we would.  Elder Z annointed and I gave the blessing.  It was such a cool experience, one that I will remember forever!  I just knew everything was from God and I was just his mouthpiece in that moment.  I really know that God is there and he answers all of our prayers!  Sister Tukia is doing much better now thanks to our Heavenly Father, he is so good to us!  But we need to pray to him and ask him for things!  He wants to hear from us!  Also we have to invite the spirit to be with us in everything that we are doing!!!  If we are not inviting him to be there then why should he come?!?  Well he would be there anyways if we are doing whats right, but in more abundance if we ask him to be there.  Here in the MTC we pray so much!!  I have come to cherish prayer time and I pray very specifically for things.  I also pray most of the time in Tagalog which really makes me think about the words, thats such a good thing!!
Also Sister Fukofuka passed out yesterday!!!  We were walking into the room and she just went down!  So we all kinda panicked and rushed to her side and sent people to get help.  She ended up being just fine and was joking around like normal like 5 minutes later, but it was kinda scary to witness.  Thankfully she was ok! 

Also if you think COED is good at school.  You should watch the volleyball we play here in the Philippines MTC!!!  It is insane how good everyone is!  I love it!!
Sorry this week was not as exciting as last week!  But just know  that I still LOVE IT!!  
I have made so many friends, and everyone is so nice!!  
I'm pretty sure everyone knows who the 2 white Americanos are, thats me!!! And I'm proud of it!! 
They all love to talk to us and try to teach us Tagalog.  We don't remember much of what they tell us but its good to know people care!  And we remember those things every once in a while, so thats encouraging:)  
The days kid of mix together because we do the same thing every day, but it is such a good thing to be doing!!  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!
Everyday we get pounded into us how we have Christs name on our chest!!
I am a Representative of HIM!!!  So I need to act like it every second of every day!!
I love the Philippines and I love you guys so much!!!
Have a great week!!  And know that I am just doing great!!
MAHAL KO KAYO!!!! 
PAALAM!!! 
Elder Alldredge

Airport

Sweet Jeepnie

Manila

City Roaming

Elevator shot

Pre-meeting selfie

Manila Temple

Helaman District

More Helaman District out on the grounds of the MTC

Helaman District

MTC roaming

Not sure

Emails at the computer room

Fish heads - it's what's for dinner!

Looking good I guess

More District Pics

Name tags

Lil' Bros

Lil' Bros



No comments:

Post a Comment