Monday, September 18, 2017

Hey so this week has been a solid week, we had a lot of fun and were able to work quite a bit.  On Sunday we had a miracle that hasn't born fruit yet but it for sure will!!! so i'll tell ya about it.... So we OYM'd this old guy and he was pretty open and said we could come back next time and teach him, so we went back on Saturday to find him drunk laying in his hammock.  So after talking to him for a little while(because sometimes drunk people are fun to talk to:) also you can get a ton of information on people that might be interested in listening to our message, yes we were using that drunk guy to his best potential;) then he told us that someone had asked him for the pamphlet that we gave him, but he didn't know who, cuz he was drunk.  So we left walked about 100 steps and then saw a little path going to the coconut forest, so we felt like we should try it.  So we did and we met Sister Mylene and she was the one who asked for the pamphlet!! So literally we were guided by the Spirit DIRECTLY where we needed to go.  Now we haven't been able to teach her yet, because we didn't have priesthood, but she has read the whole thing now and we will go and teach her in the next couple days.  I LOVE MIRACLES!!!

Other than that we talked to a lot of people, and have a TON of return appointments that we can hopefully get going this week.  We did exchanges with the Baler Elders to get my companion more ready to lead the area, because I might be transferring next week, but i'm not sure yet...  

I have also added something to my personal study that i absolutely LOVE to do!!! I take questions, either my own, my investigators, or even questions that I know is true but looking for scriptural evidence backing it up (ex:What scriptures help us to know that Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are separate?) Then you look up scriptures and you write down everything, feelings, impressions, and awesome scriptures that have really just built my faith.  I believe that this is a very effective way to build our testimony, and it can work with any question we have!! We just have to study it out in our mind and of course with the scriptures and prayer. 

Other than that, I am so sorry that I haven't send very many pictures lately, and that is because I need to buy another USB so my camera doesn't get viruses, its a problem, in the Philippines:)  So we are leaving for Cabanatuan later today so hopefully I can get one there and send a bunch next week.  
In Cabanatuan Elder Shmutz of the Area Presidency will be visiting our Zone Conference, so I'm super excited!! I am also playing the piano piece for the choir and its hard, so if you could prayers are a big help:)
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Thanks so much for the emails and prayers!!

Elder Alldredge 

No comments:

Post a Comment