Monday, April 10, 2017

Magandang Araw sa Inyo!!!
So this week has been a fantastic week!  With a highlight of General Conference!!!  One thing I really noticed is how much love Thomas S. Monson received from almost every single speaker!  This truly testified to me again that he really is a Prophet of God!! He needs our prayers because he is the Living Prophet of the Earth today!  And his talks were so Powerful!!!  I loved his first talk and the focus on charity, love, and kindness to others, something that I definitely am working on!! 

But my very favorite talk was Ronald A Rasband.  This talk hit me like a BRICK WALL!!! So apparently I have lots of work to do in becoming better at listening to the promptings of the Spirit!  So now that is my goal, to become a First Prompting Responder to the Spirit!!

One of our Investigators, Princess Bacaro, is really doing well and she is preparing for her baptismal interview this weekend.  She is only 9 years old, but she reads every day and has such sincere prayers!!  She went to General Conference and she said that is was super cool!  Even though it was in English, so idk how much she understood;)  But she enjoyed it anyways!!

So I just realized I haven't really told anything weird about the Philippines in a while, so my bad!;)  I have just gotten used to most everything here, so I don't notice things very much anymore, but i'll work on that so you can hear some of the things that happen here.  But one quick thing is that I get called Joe all the time!!! its cuz i'm white:)  But usually these people don't really want to talk after that say that:) I have tried OYMing them many times, haha its hilarious!! They get very scared, hahaha!!!

So my favorite 2 quotes from General Conference 
1. "Come as we are, but don't plan to stay as we are" -Elder Holland
2. "Our progress is the Lord's work" -Elder Eyring
I just noticed they are both about improving. Something that is needed literally everyday of our life!!! We must be progressing or we are moving back!! But I love that this is what the Lord wants for us as well, and he is willing to help us do it!
So its been a good week, as you can tell I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE:)
Have a great week!!! Thanks for all the emails!

LOVE Y'ALL!!

Elder Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment