Monday, April 30, 2018




So last week I killed Elder Guia and he went home to Cebu... Then this past week was transfers, and I got the call to train a new missionary, so yes I am a Tatay with 2 Anaks(kids): Elder Ismael(panganay=the oldest) and now Elder Limnoan (bunso=youngest child)  I know he is the youngest and also my last companion.  He is such a stud, like on the bus, before I even told him anything about the mission, he was talking to this dude and basically taught him about the Restoration, he is a beast:) He is from Butuan, Mindanao, Philippines.  He is 19 years old and is the 5th of 9 kids... And he is ready to learn  a lot and to work hard, so i'm PUMPED to be his companion!!!

So the coolest thing happened to me on the bus coming back from Tarlac picking up my Anak...  So when I first got on the bus I saw this guy sitting in the row in front of me, I saw him stuff 20 pesos into the pocket of a guy selling food, just because he was nice, he didn't even take the food... Then about 5 minutes into the ride, this guys kid threw up, but he was super kind to his child, and cleaned it up as best as he could even tho the bus was moving.  So i was just thinking, this guy is so nice, he needs to know the gospel, he needs to read the BoM!! So i started talking to him... We talked a little bit, introduced ourselves, then he asked about Utah (the center of the mormons, he said:)) so i explained to him about that, then he said he knew that because of the Utah Jazz:) thats how most Filipinos know about Utah;)  Then he asked me "Why are all Mormons so nice??"  I was super surprised actually at first, and didn't really know what to say other than thank you... But i thought about it for a second, and told him that we believe in Jesus Christ and about how when we follow him, we can become more Christlike, or more nice...  But then we were talking for a bit and I just had a very very strong impression to give him a Book of Mormon... So i did... I showed it to him, explained to him what it was, and I expressed my feelings about it, and testified to him about the BoM... Then he said with watery eyes, that he felt he wasn't worthy enough to take such an amazing book from me...  And he tried to give it back, then I with watery eyes told him that that is why i am here, to share with him this, a message and a book about Christ.  Let me tell you even tho we were in a bus, a bus that didn't smell the best cuz the kid threw up just a little while before, the Spirit was there so strong!!!  Man let me tell you that guy is so cool so prepared, he is from Quezon City so that makes it harder... But I KNOW he will be baptized someday, maybe soon someday... Miracles are real and i know that i needed to be on that bus at that time on friday... 

We also taught Nanay Rosalyn Betala, she told us all about her problems in life... Her husband died, her son died, she takes care of 5 of her grandchildren, and she is the only support system and money system for those 5 kids in elementary and high school.  She told us about her falling down and her shoulder hurting really bad, but she didn't have enough money to get an xray, and also lots of other things that she was struggling with, and she didn't know if she could keep it up.  Its amazing to testify of Jesus Christ and His Atonement, that death can be overcome, that we can be happy even with so so so very many trials... The Spirit was SO THICK in that lesson, I am thankful for the blessings I have been given, and for Christ of course who knows what she is going through and feeling, even tho I a 20 year old kid have no idea, so we were able to comfort her a little bit with that, she told us to come back every day if we wanted:) 
It was an AWESOME week!!!
You the best, emails i love them, prayers they help... 
soooo THANKS:):):)
Kyle with his new trainee, Elder Limnoan from Mindanao, Philippines
The two Trainers for this transfer
"Straighten that tie Son"
Love, Elder Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment