Monday, April 23, 2018


So first off for the past 6 months of my mission I have had one companion... Elder Guia...:) But then earlier this morning he left to go to the mission home and to go back home to Cebu. So with that its time to start another chapter of my mission, it was super sad to see him go, but it'll be fun to lean all I can with a new companion... So we will see what happens this week with transfers... I'm pumped to find out!!

This week more than ever I have felt the importance of the Book of Mormon.  In our District that is the focus over everything else... We are teaching this with prayer about the feeling of the Holy Ghost until they feel it for themselves.  I LOVE the Book of Mormon!!! Just like I told you about Nova Gregorio a few weeks ago who is a teenage girl who was into some not good things, but she prayed 5 times, she said it was kind of loud and didn't feel anything, but then everything went quiet, so she prayed again, and she felt something she had never before... I KNOW that is the Spirit, witnessing to her that the Book of Mormon is true... That God loves her and will help her gain strength to overcome her trials/temptations.  That can happen to all of us, even if we are active members... We should continue to seek that revelation from God, use that Prayer Room that President Nelson said (let me tell you i love my prayer room, i hope you all have one...)  The Book of Mormon and the Spirit are the key and the most powerful tool for conversion, there really is no other way... I am so thankful to have learned that, so please read the BoM, pray about it, not just believe it but come to know it from God... He loves you, so why wouldn't he answer your prayer.......

Also I read a couple other of my friendsletters on their missions getting Iphones this past week, but as for the Philippines Angeles Mission we got microwaves!!! So yup here in the Philippines we are getting pretty high tech just about now:) #ItsmorefuninthePhilippines

(We asked him about the 125 degree heat and told him about our weather now):     wow 70 that would feel amazing, i forgot what that is like... and no it hasn't rained for a few weeks, its been so HOT!!! But some things are green, but not the golf course we went to earlier:) it was all dead grass!!! But it was fun!! I am not good at driving but i was usually pretty solid with chipping, that's my favorite, we will have to go some time when i get back... Yes we have fans in our apartments.  like 4 of them for 2 of us:) its so hot... yes i sleep with a fan for my whole mission... yup its still fans. some churches have air con, but those are the stake centers, or the newly built buildings, none of which i have ever been assigned to..



Love ya'll!!!
Elder Alldredge














No comments:

Post a Comment