Monday, February 12, 2018

I just want to say how thankful I am to be assigned here in the Philippines.  The people here are SOOO Nice!!! Sometimes too nice like my mission President says, it can also be hard, because they are sometimes too nice to say no even when they don't want to listen to us.  But This week I had a first... We were on exchanges in Dingalan and we were sharing to him about prayer, we were asking him about what his beliefs about prayer are, and how he prays to God.  After one of my questions he stood up suddenly and said "Ang Dami kayong tanong!!" Or "you have a ton of questions..." And he walked out of the room.  First Walk Out lesson in my whole mission...:)  We came to know after that, that he was a little drunk so his mind wasn't all right, so it was actually our fault for not figuring that out earlier.  But after that, I then realized how amazing the Filipinos are.  Because of one person rejecting I realized again that these people are incredibly nice people, they are a respectful people, and I hope that it has rubbed off on me and will continue to do so in my time here.  So i love Filipinos and the Philippines!!

Another miracle i saw this week is about the Sawasi Family.  They are so progressing it is making me so excited for them!  This week Tatay didn't drink Alcohol even once!! MIRACLE!!! This week Tatay went from almost a whole pack of cigarettes to 3 sticks on Saturday and none on Sunday!  MIRACLE!!! I cant wait for this family to be baptized.  They were all at church on sunday at their countenance was a testimony builder to me.  From what I remember of Tatay before he did not look at all like he did on sunday, he has changed so much, that whole family was sitting in the seats in sacrament meeting, and they basically look like a member family... MIRACLE!!!

The last thing for today was about a Baptismal Interview on Saturday.  I interviewed a girl, Shane who lives in Bongabon and one thing she shared with me seriously strengthened my testimony.  I asked her to share her testimony with me, then she said "the one thing that has stuck out to me more that all else is the Gospel of Jesus Christ." I then asked why and she said "Because the Gospel will change anyone's life who truly understands it, just like it has changed mine.  She then said I just wish everyone would have the chance to know the Gospel"  She is so missionary minded, and i believe every word that she said, I know the Gospel changes lives, I have seen it SO many times here in the mission, its so true.  I know that with all that i am!!
Thanks for all the emails, LOVE YA'LL!!!

Elder Alldredge







The banana tree

Kyle putting on a way too small levi jacket, shoulda been a cowboy pala :)
Decked out trike!

No comments:

Post a Comment