Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hello from the other side... of the world!!!
This week has been a big growing week for me, I feel like I have learned more from my personal study and my companion than any other week.  I was able to give the workshop in District Meeting so I did some extra study to prepare.  I am getting the hang of this missionary thing and this week I start taking the lead in planning along with the lessons as well.  More responsibilities for me because I am officially over halfway through my training!!  Transfer announcements were exciting even though nothing happened to me of course.
This week Ronald and Romel continued to progress.  But we taught the Word of Wisdom and this is their problem.  We are trying to encourage them everyday, and we have the YSA's texting them every morning reminding them to obey the WoW  and they are improving but hopefully this week they stop all together!!
We taught Brian and Lener in the car wash last night and we committed them to be baptized, and they accepted.  So the problem with Filipinos is that they will commit just to make you feel good, or they will commit and hide, because they don't want to tell you straight up that they really don't want to be baptized.  But I really hope that these two will follow through!  I feel like they are kind of the bad boys in town, but they are super nice to us, so thats cool:) 
I went on exchanges with Elder Eppich this week and it was fun to be with an American for a day.  He goes home next transfer along with my companion, so he had lots of advice for me to soak up.  We had so much success in finding that day!  We had 10 new investigators, and we had 38 OYM's.  Which were both my highest in my mission so far.  I know numbers don't mean a thing(Best Two Years;);), but I enjoyed the success of that!
At church on Sunday the Primary President came up to me and said " You are American so you should know the tune of this Primary song, will you sing it for the Primary kids?"  Hahahaha it was pretty hilarious:)  But I went in and sang "Search, Ponder, and Pray" to the Primary kids.  Also last week we caught spiders and they fought... to the death!  So the big spiders here are harmless to humans and they don't bite hardly ever so I see people playing with them all the time.  So we had our own Spider Fight:) 
Oh and this morning we woke up early to go play volleyball at the church with the YSA's.  So the volleyball in the MTC was so good, but the volleyball here is literally the worst.  It is still hilarious to watch, and every once in a while I would get a good set to spike.  But most of the time everyone is just laughing because no one can hit the ball:) 
Thanks again for all of your letters, I LOVE THEM!!!
Missionary work is hard but fun!  
Have a fantastic week!!!

LOVE, Elder Alldredge
Cool truck we found!

The District

More cool sunsets

I like this house!

Little chick!

Yes I did eat it all!

Way to embrace the culture!  Yuck

No comments:

Post a Comment