Monday, March 19, 2018


So you know how I told you I would probably transfer this past week?!? haha well here I am in Palayan, and I will most likely die here in this area.... #lastarea so weird!!!  But there was a change.  I am now the new District Leader here in Bongabon District.  Its exciting, for the new opportunity, hopefully everything goes well!!!  Also I am still with Elder Guia for the 4th transfer in a row, and I will be his last companion... because it is his last transfer this transfer....


As for miracles this week there were many, but on our way here I talked to a Nanay on the Jeepney.  She introduced herself in perfect English and asked who I was.  I explained about being a missionary and representative of Jesus Christ.  She kept asking questions like why I was here, what I shared as a missionary, if i was being paid for my service, if i would be a pastor when i go home, and a lot more... The Jeepney drive was about 30 minutes so I had time to tell her all about her questions.  For me this was an AWESOME experience, a testimony builder.  I don't know why this nanay was in this jeepney, or why I sat down next to her, but I am thankful to her for this chance to just bear testimony about truly why i am here.  I know someday she will be taught, someday she will accept this message, and I am grateful for every single chance I have to share my testimony to others, because I know that all of this is true, and I wouldn't trade any of those chances for anything.  

I have some exciting and funny news for you this week:)
I got the weirdest compliment in my life... We were walking down the street and giving all the kids high fives like usual, and a kid gives me a high five, grabs my hand, looks at it real close and said "Sobrang malinis yung kamay mo" in English (Your hands are so clean) haha its cuz I'm white and he isn't used to it, but it was so hilarious, we died laughing:):):)
This week we also ate Exotic Snake Turtles...  They come from a river here in the Philippines and we ate them, as an ulam for our rice, it was actually super good turtle adobo;)  And for some other updates on different things we eat quite often are Chicken feet, liver, intestines, and chicken heart.  It is all pretty good:) As long as its cleanly made:) haha we make sure it is....:)
Love ya'll,
 Elder Alldredge

Enjoying the Filipino children!


Just chillin
Catching turtles

Cooking turtles :)











Sunsets!
Sorry about this last one - ahah turtle pala

No comments:

Post a Comment