Monday, December 12, 2016

HELLO HELLO HELLO!!!!
So this week nothing really big happened... Except for I got TRANSFERRED!!!!!  It was seriously the weirdest thing ever and no one especially me was expecting it!!  So we were listening to our Zone Leader read off the different assignments, and then he said "Sister Rubin you are assigned in LaPaz!! I was shocked and everyone was shocked!  So then my assignment is to serve in the Vargas Ward of Santa Ignacia Zone!!  So that night we went to LaPaz, said my goodbyes to everyone, and packed up and left Thursday morning.  And let me tell you transferring is not fun in the packing and traveling aspect of it!  With 3 suitcases in a jeepnee, and trikes hahaha its pretty hard:)  But we finally made it to Vargas!!

My new companions name is Elder Canoy.  He is a really good Elder, he works hard, even though he has been sick.  And also he is the shortest missionary in the Angeles mission:)  I promise mom, you would tower over him;)  He is from Cebu, and he has 3 sisters. 

So first off, the mountainous/bukid area of Vargas is sobrang Maganda!!!  Just looking at the rice fields and hills and stuff, is sweet!!  We have literally walked all over, around, and through Vargas, and it is a huge area, because there is so much Bukid.  So the bad thing about Vargas is the missionaries before me didn't work often.  They literally left us 1 investigator and thats about it!!  Talk about pathetic huh?!?! :)  But we have already added at least 4 more solid investigators in 3 days, so we are DOING WORK:)  

The Vargas ward is killer!! My first day my companion brought me around to the different houses of members and less actives, and holy its crazy!! There is so many very strong families here in Vargas!!  Also the Vargas ward has so many RM's!  In Lapaz we literally only had 2 RM's so we have over 20 maybe close to 30 RM's.  At church on Sunday there were 169 people at church, so that is a huge jump from LaPaz.  Also I played the piano for sacrament meeting, and priesthood, and bore my testimony in sacrament meeting, of course.  So I met so many new people and they are all so nice and willing to help the missionaries!  Our bishop is only 34 years old and he is a total stud.  He helps us, talks to us, gives us referrals, feeds us dinner, he does it all!!  
So Vargas is a great place!! I'm excited to actually get the work going here!
Have a great week!  Have fun with Breanna back home:)  
Keep a smile on your face this week, kaya mo!!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!! Thanks for all you do!! Thanks for the prayers and emails!! 
LOVE, Elder Alldredge



Kyle's new area - Vargas in the Santa Ignacia Zone

Elder Canoy and Kyle in front of Bishops's house

Inside their house in Vargas

Vargas house

Bedroom
Elder Zuchilli, Sister Tukia, Elder Alldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment