Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 4!!!

Kumusta family and friends?!?  This week had a couple real struggle days and a couple amazing days!  But of course I will only tell you about the amazing days:) And don’t worry the struggle days, they weren’t all that bad anyway…:)  Those days just call for a change of my attitude, so I gotta work on that!! 

So General Conference was Napakagaling!!!  I loved every second of it and am very sad that it is over, but luckily we can read the talks in a little while so I’m looking forward to that!  One of my favorite talks was Elder Nelson’s talk which was all about JOY!  And how we can make every day, hour, and moment into a happy one.  And that is really how it should be!  What is the point of living life if we are not happy while in it?!?  There were so many good talks that I loved, including President Monson’s short powerful testimonies of the Word of Wisdom and the Plan of Salvation.  If these are the things the Prophet of the Lord chose to talk about in his 5 minutes in General Conference, they really must be so important!

I also had my first Zone Training this week and it was a good time, I learned a whole lot.  Except that out of about 25ish missionaries me and my companion were called on to give a Role Play in front of everyone… Oh man, it was rough but also super hilarious!!  Also I am literally the worst speaker at Tagalog in the Zone by far, so I think they just wanted to get people laughing at my “not so good” Tagalog.  And it worked!!  So I guess I did my job;)  But everyone was super complimentary and nice about my speaking skills after so those are always good confidence boosters!

On Tuesday we were teaching an old lady investigator, and during the lesson it started to rain.  This was not just any rain, it was literally dumping buckets and sheets of rain!!  So we were trapped in this investigators house for about 2 hours because the rain was so heavy.  All around there house was filling up with water, it seriously got to about 1 foot deep and it was THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!  While I was loving every second of this storm, everyone else thought it was the worst thing ever, so that was hilarious :-)

We found a new investigator this week and her name is Jovilyn Tajores.  She is a fantastic person to teach and she really just soaks it all in.  She has been having a rough time lately because her husband left her last week.  So we feel that she found us at the very time she needed us!  I know that the Lord allowed this to happen, and it put her in our path so we could find her at this time and teach her when she needs it most.  We taught her The Restoration and then extended the Baptismal invitation.  And she said “Bakit Hindi??” Which is why not?  Haha I loved that answer! And I really feel that she will gain a testimony of the Aklat ni Mormon and this church.
Another thing brought up quite a bit in conference was about how members can share the gospel.  So try to be that person that prays for opportunities to bear your testimony, and that just helps other people out!
Thanks so much for all the emails! 
Have a fantasic week!  I love y’all!!!

Elder Alldredge


The rains came down and the floods came up...

Drying off after the storm poses?

The Garay family in the Branch

More of the dabbing...

No comments:

Post a Comment